Consumers have many choices when selecting a painting contractor. This is a short list of questions to help you decide which painting contractor is most beneficial for you. Good luck!!
1. Can you tell me about yourself as well as your painting organization? Your painting contractor should be able to discuss his or her areas of painting expertise, services offered, ages available, references etc. Explanations ought to be straightforward, clear, and quickly understandable. Plus they should speak directly to your needs.
2. Do you have a stable work force of experienced professional painters? How long normally has your staff been employed by you? Are your employees full-time professional painters? Can you describe how rigorous your training is in the latest application techniques, safety rules and regulations, and environmental problems? Tell me about our employees: Just how long have they been qualified painters? Are you experiencing a stable work force or a revolving door? Elaborate on your training, supervision, and quality control benchmarks. Bear in mind the best paint job will undoubtedly be no better than the worst painter on site – experience counts!
3. What type of work do you specialize in? Residential, commercial, institutional? What is your contractor’s concentration? Some painting companies’ painting job involves residential painting jobs for homeowners who want the finest painting possible. Commercial painting consumers may decide on a contractor for the quality of their painting work, their capability to meet schedules, and because they need a painting contractor would you the job right the very first time, every time.
4. Can you describe your work process? Consumers want a contractor who will take great pride in providing the very best paint jobs possible in all aspects of painting. Thorough analysis of a painting customer’s requirements, meticulous and thorough surface preparation, and the best possible application procedures using the best techniques available carried out by the painting professionals are crucial.
5. Can you provide references? Your contractor should be able to provide you with a thorough list of current and past clients. He / she will be able to provide numerous home painting references itemized by road, neighborhood, and town. Their web site should feature numerous native references and a portfolio of current painting projects.
6. What documentation can you provide relating to licenses and certifications? Painting contractors in lots of states must register with their state as an authorized contractor. Contractors should be pleased to furnish a copy of these registration to any prospective painting customer. Registration information also needs to be confirmed by contacting the appropriate Department of Consumer Protection.
7. Will your insurance agent provide me with a Certification of Insurance? Substantiation of full insurance coverage including Workers Payment, Liability, and Vehicle on all employees is an absolute necessity. The contractor’s insurance agent (NOT the contractor) should offer a Certification of Insurance upon request.
8. Are you an EPA Lead-Safe Certified Company? By Federal Law only EPA Certified Lead-Safe companies may undertake renovation jobs on homes built before 1978. Your contractor should have undergone the required training and become an EPA Lead-Safe Certified Firm. Employees should be Qualified Renovators in conformity with Federal government RRP requirements. The contractor will be able to exhibit an EPA Lead-Safe Authorized Firm logo.
9. Who are your paint vendors? Contractors should JERSEY CITY PAINTING use only the finest products from the world’s top paint manufacturers. Benjamin Moore, Glidden Professional, Sherwin Williams among others partnering with professional painters permit the conscientious painting contractor to select the perfect coating for just about any requirement. The home painting professionals should have the knowledge and experience to tailor items best suited with their client’s specific needs.
10. Why should I seek the services of YOU for my painting job? Experienced painting contractors should be able to elaborate on what differentiates them from the competition. The use of the best possible paints from premium paint makers, how painters always apply paint products in accordance with manufacturer specifications, and competent, trained, and correctly equipped painters treating customer’s property as if it was their own should be discussed at length. The possible client should be given a range of information to best assess high quality, value, and craftsmanship, and thus make an informed decision.