According to Mark Roemer Oakland, you must make thorough preparations before launching a new content-based project. There are many different ways to launch a new project, but you must follow the steps in order to have the maximum impact on the launch.
Here are the steps you may follow to launch your content-based project:
- Decide the brand name – A good brand name should be short, easy to remember, and relatable to the audience of the niche. Plus, it’s even better if it has a .com domain name and unclaimed social media username available. You may use various online tools such as brand name generators and business name generators to come up with a good name.
- Create a website – It is highly recommended that you create a new website for your content-based project, whether it be a new book, an educational course, a video course, a premium podcast, etc. It’s easy to market a new website and allows you to attract new audiences. There is no need to spend thousands of bucks to create a website. It is okay to create a simple WordPress website with a good hosting plan.
This would allow the visitors to understand what purpose the website serves and also allows them to get in touch with you.
- Create conversion funnels – Simply creating content for your website is not enough. You must also design your website in a way that lets people share your content and follow you on social media, subscribe to a newsletter, buy your product, hire your service, join a free trial or membership, contact you, or simply request a demo.
Thus, it’s necessary to plan your customer’s journey and create conversion funnels using the required tools. Plus, it’s also crucial to measure and analyze the KPI of conversion funnels.
- Set up the social media channels – Once you have your website ready, the next step is to create the various social media handles on popular social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, and more. You must also include the links to your social media handles on your website.
- Announce the project – The final step is to announce your project using all the available channels and connections you have. Using ad campaigns on Facebook and Twitter can help you with broad targeting and gather data at the same time. You may also send an email blast to people who have already subscribed to your email list. Posting on your social media accounts also helps a lot. Plus, you should be sure to reach out to your friends and family to let them know of your new venture.
Mark Roemer Oakland suggests you follow the steps listed above to launch your content-based project.